In Willow Class each day is fun and filled with exciting learning opportunities. We offer provision that is rich in possibilities; we want to provide children with an exciting environment along with the freedom to explore their own interests and fascinations. We work in close partnership with parents and carers to ensure that each child is happy, safe and reaching their potential.
There are seven areas of learning within the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum:
The 3 Prime Areas-these build the foundations for the children to learn, form relationships and thrive.
- Communication and Language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development.
The 4 Specific Areas- through which the Prime Areas are strengthened and applied.
- Understanding the World
- Expressive arts and design
Celebrating learning and development;
We celebrate each child's learning and development in their personalised learning journey. The learning journey documents a child's time in Willow Class and is shared regularly with the child and their family.
We use the Early Excellence Tracker (EExAT), an online system where parents and carers can login and see observations and photos. There is also the opportunity for parents and carers to upload observations from home which helps us to get to know your child even better.
At Holy Trinity C.E. Nursery we aim:
- To create a happy, stimulating environment where children will be encouraged and motivated to explore, discover and learn.
- To introduce young children to a wide range of experiences using practical learning opportunities appropriate to their ages and stages of development.
- To ensure every child’s self-esteem is developed and nurtured to the full within the Christian ethos of the school.
- To build positive relationships with parents so that together we may foster the emotional, physical and social development of their child.
We welcome you to our Nursery and look forward to developing our partnership in supporting you and your child.