Next update due
Thank you for your understanding and support over the last 2 days. Nursery will be open as normal from Wednesday 11th May. Please support us to ensure we can be open from this point onwards by:
- Keeping your child at home if they are unwell
- Checking if your child has a temperature and keeping them at home until this returns to normal
- Letting us know if you suspect your child has Covid
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
End of Tuesday Afternoon Message
We also now have some children with symptoms and confirmed cases of Covid. Therefore, I have made the decision to close Nursery on Monday and Tuesday.
I have made this decision because:
- I want to avoid Covid spreading to other children and therefore potentially to those at home too
- There are no spare staff; staffing the Nursery with people the children don't know and who don't know the school is not in the best interests of the children
- I will be ensuring the Nursery and nursery equipment gets a thorough clean
- By Wednesday staff should be clear and all able to be back in school
Please can parents:
- Check children for symptoms (Click Here for Symptoms)
- Test children if in doubt or children become unwell
- Inform school as soon as possible if any more of our children test positive
- Check other parents have received the message
Thank you very much for your understanding. Please accept my apologies for this situation, I recognise the pressure this places on families and have not made this decision without considering all options. If you need to contact me today please email:
End of Sunday Afternoon Message
Sunday Morning - Action from Parents required:
Please read and action as appropriate
- The majority of the staff in nursery have tested positive for Covid
- I have already had reports of a child testing positive
Actions I am undertaking:
- Looking at other options to staff Nursery
- Contacting all other staff who have been in Nursery this week and asking them to test
- Considering the safest option / plan , taking account of needing staff known to children and appropriate ratios.
- Considering closing Nursery Monday and Tuesday to enable staff to go beyond the contagious phase.
Parents please (without information I can't plan):
- Consider a contingency for child care in the event I need to make the decision to close
- Check other parents you know have seen this communication
- Check the website and APP today after 4:00 p.m.
- Complete the following form
END of Sunday Message
Please read to the bottom of the page:
We will continue do everything we can to keep school open and children learning. We continue to need and appreciate your support.
- Please keep school informed so that we can respond accordingly - firstname.lastname@example.org or 01765 602858